30A - Final Reflection
Although
this is the end of our journey together in ENT 3003, you now have a set of
experiences that you can use to better navigate the future. My hope is that
each of you have, to one extent or another, developed an entrepreneurial
mindset. That you keep a sharp eye out for problems, and you're willing to
offer a solution.
For this final
reflection, I'd like you to do a few things:
1)
Read through your posts from this semester. Recall all of the
experiences you've had along the way -- the highs, the lows -- the fun moments,
and the moments of drudgery, and even the moments of dread.
Overall,
this class has been really fun over this semester. It has also been a nice
break from my engineering classes. To me, my blog is like a diary from the
semester because it shows how I have changed my train of thought and learned
more about my idea and myself. I remember that I during one experience I found
myself writing my blog post on the go. I actually spoke into my phone and wrote
it that way. That actually lead me to writing down thoughts in the car by
speaking into my phone. I often think on the go and then forget some of the
ideas I have so it was a really great experience for me. In the middle of the
semester I had a bit of a rough time. I lost my motivation for my classes and
couldn’t see what I wanted to do in the future. I also was overwhelmed with my
involvement and didn’t have any time for myself. While this class was extra
work, it actually allowed me to sit down and think about what I want and it
helped me find my motivation for the future.
2)
What sticks out to you as the most formative experience? The
experience that you'll remember years later? What was your
most joyous experience? What experience are you most proud of
yourself for accomplishing?
My
most formative experience during this semester is realizing the gaps in my time
management skills. I always have been proud of my ability to section off my
day, but I realized this semester that I still get distracted and overload my
schedule. Knowing this will help me succeed in the future. I’ll also remember
this experience for years. My most joyous experience of the semester would be
when I officially came to the conclusion that I would be attending dental
school. While it does give me a lot more to put on my plate, I now have an end
goal which motivates me and makes me excited for the future.
3)
At the beginning of the semester, I mentioned that I wanted each
of you to develop an entrepreneurial mindset. Now, at the end, do you see
yourself as an entrepreneur? Do you think you have moved closer to developing
an entrepreneurial mindset?
I
do see myself as an entrepreneur more than I did at the beginning of this
semester. I see the steps that I would have to take and the amount of thought
that goes into starting a business. While it is still daunting, I feel as
though if I really put my mind to it that I could accomplish what I want. I see
myself looking for opportunities and areas that need products more than I did
before. I definitely have moved closer to developing this entrepreneurial
mindset.
4)
What is the one recommendation you would make to the students
who are going to journey down this path in the future? What would you recommend
they do to perform best in this course? What would you recommend they do to
foster that mindset?
My
number one recommendation for this class is to manage your time well. Get ahead
because we all have those difficult weeks so it is better to be ahead than
behind during those. I missed one week assignments because of a hard week and
it hurt me so don’t make the same mistake. For the future, I recommend that
they really try to apply the ideas and opportunities to their passion and their
life because this will help them handle the work for the class. If they want to
talk/write about it then it won’t be painful. If they aren’t passionate about
their concept then it will be hard to get into.
Once you have
written your post, please include a picture (for illustration!).


Comments
Post a Comment