27A - Reading Reflection No. 3


1)    What was the general theme or argument of the book?
The Art of Social Media: Power Tips for Power Users by Guy Kawaski and Peg Fitzpatrick focuses on the tips and tricks for building a social media platform, boosting awareness, gaining followers, and using social media on for your enhancement. Kawaski is a pioneer in the field of using social media for businesses, and he argues for the importance of it in today’s day and age. Chapters include topics of twitter, Instagram, tumblr, facebook, and many others.
2)    How did the book, in your opinion, connect with and enhance what you are learning in ENT 3003?
When starting a business, awareness within your market is extremely important. This book expanded my knowledge of social media marketing because it is something that my generation takes for granted. We assume that everyone knows all about it, but quite honestly I’m lost in comparison.
3)    If you had to design an exercise for this class, based on the book you read, what would that exercise involve?
I would say that the class should set up a social media page for their company. This would develop a marketing strategy for it and provide a further in depth action plan for the company.
4)    What was your biggest surprise or 'aha' moment when reading the book? In other words, what did you learn that differed most from your expectations?
What shocked me the most is the important role social media plays in all job fields. While I understand the importance for retail and raising awareness of personal items, I didn’t understand how importance it is for all companies including consulting and services. You see bigger names such as McKinsey, Deloitte, and KPMG with social media ads which is interesting because I would never be looking for their services but they do have a target market they are reaching.

Comments

  1. I think I should check this book out. On one hand I think social media can really help a business gain exposure but on the other hand as a user of various online platforms , all these ad's and clutter make me want to avoid more than just a glance at sponsored post/ advertisements on such platforms.
    I want to know what really captures the attention of people online , and I would think it would have to get people involved with the brand by doing something , especially if its tangible

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for reviewing this book, I think it could be helpful to many of us! I like how your book mentions the importance of social media marketing. This is key to the economy today and how businesses work. I love your idea of the class setting up a fake social media page frothier company. This would help their classmates get a better idea of their company as well. Great work Jenna, always!

    ReplyDelete
  3. (THE COMMENT ABOVE IS FROM ME , I WASN'T SIGNED INTO MY GMAIL)
    hank you for reviewing this book, I think it could be helpful to many of us! I like how your book mentions the importance of social media marketing. This is key to the economy today and how businesses work. I love your idea of the class setting up a fake social media page frothier company. This would help their classmates get a better idea of their company as well. Great work Jenna, always!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

17A - Elevator Pitch No. 2