14A
For this exercise, I'd
like you reflect on the past two months. In your post for this exercise,
pretend that you're talking to a student from next semester's course. What
would you tell them?
1) Tenaciousness
is a competency. What are the behaviors that you have used (or
developed) to keep up with the requirements of this course?
I have
definitely developed very good time management skills. In order to succeed in
this course, you are required to interview multiple people per week. These
interviews are very time consuming, especially since you need to find the
correct people to interview. I suggest looking at the assignments at least one
week before it is do in order to set up a schedule for the assignments.
Also, I have definitely developed a broader understanding
of people and their needs. I really think this understanding has helped me
develop my idea, because I have begun to key into what others need and not just
what I need. Opportunities don’t simply revolve around the entrepreneur’s
needs.
2) Tenaciousness
is also about attitude. Talk about a moment or two when you felt like "giving
up." What pulled you through? Do you feel like you've developed a
tenacious attitude during the past two months? What experience or experiences
most contributed to this?
After my first couple of posts, I found that a lot of the
comments were pointing out flaws in my ideas. While I like constructive
criticism, it is hard to stay positive and not give up when an idea doesn’t
seem to be working. I definitely believe that I have developed resilience and a
tenacious attitude towards my ideas during these first two months. The comments
really contributed to this and so did the interviews. Once I began working with
suggestions, I found a certain resilience in me and malleability with my idea.
3) Three
tips. What are three tips you would offer next semester's student
about (1) fostering the skills that support tenacity and (2) developing the
'tenacious mindset' ?
1. Ask a lot of questions
to a lot of different people about your idea. Take the criticism openly because
it will help you in the end.
2. Try and name different
markets that your idea will fit into. Is it a very niche product or will it be
able to be applied to many different people?
3. Be diligent and be
strict with yourself. Set certain time frames for goals and meet them. If you
don’t meet them, what roadblocks did you have and how did they affect you?
For this post, please
include at least one image.

Hi Jenna,
ReplyDeleteKudos to you as I know how you feel when you think your idea is the best and people shoot it down. Happens all the time with me in school projects with creating web applications and such.
However, I also hope that you know sometimes the “average person” or consumer might not even know what they want so one can’t always bend to consumers’ demands. That being said , working with suggestions and perhaps finding middle ground if you have to might be the way to go.
Your idea and industry is a tough one and keep on striving!
Jenna,
ReplyDeleteI agreed with so many of your points you discussed during your halfway reflection. The biggest competency I have had in this class is time management as well. I want to applaud you in that you are someone's blog I always comment on, in that I know you will always have the assignments done on time!!! So thank you!! Also, in regards to when you thought about giving up, I completely agree. It is so hard sometimes to take constructive criticism, however it is important that us students are aware it is constructive, people want to help!! Great job on taking the ideas to better your opportunity and potential business.