11A - Idea Napkin No. 1
1)
I’m a 3rd year chemical engineering
major that currently performs research on the applications of fibers to
electronics. Recently, I have been trying to change my research area to a new
field. I have aspirations to start a business of my own when I am older.
Preferably, I will gain experience in the industry, get an MBA, and then start
my own business. Regarding my business concept, I believe that there is
opportunity for it to be revolutionary if the research pans out. The biomedical
industry is an area I am extremely interested in at the moment.
2)
My concept offers new healing technology in
bandage form. The bandages hold fibers that will create scaffolding for a scab.
Those fibers then peel off of the gauze so that the scab isn’t torn off.
3)
The bandage will be offered in drugstores and in
hospitals in varying forms. This would be offered to the whole population as a
new type of bandage for their burns and cuts that have trouble healing.
4)
They care because it would provide faster
healing to help them get back to their normal life without a blemish on their
skin. It would prevent scaring as it will aid fast healing.
5)
No other bandage aids the scab healing process
like this bandage. The farthest other bandages have gotten outside of a hospital
is the addition of anti-bacterial cream to the gauze.
I truly believe that all 5 elements fit together. There is a
need for bandage development to aid faster healing. Also, I have the interest
in the area to make it work. For a business to be successful, the entrepreneur
must have the skills and interests to make the business successful. I believe
that I have the framework to do so.
Jenna,
ReplyDeleteIt was really interesting to learn more about you, your experiences, and your talents. How is being a chemical engineering major? You must have a busy course load! Also, I really admire that you truly want to be an entrepreneur and start a business on your own one day. By taking this class, and truly developing your concept, I can say it seems like you are taking all the right steps!